Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, May 01, 2009

Facebook and Travel

I've found myself getting more and more enamoured with social media lately. Although I've been a blogger for about six years, I'd never really had much time for other types of social networking. But now that I've taken the time to explore various types of social media, I'm surprised at how various individuals and organizations are using it, not just for themselves, but to benefit others.

I recently came across the Facebook page, Hotels Combined For Charity. It showed me that a number of travel companies are using social media to promote various charities and events. I was impressed. I'm used to businesses using social media to promote themselves and their products, so it was refreshing to see that companies are also using social networking to promote good causes and help others. Companies involved include Laterooms, Lastminute.com, Expedia and Eight Hotels. It's good to see businesses giving something back to the communities in which they operate.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341