Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Virgin Media problems?

Have any of you folks in the Swansea area had trouble with your Virgin Media broadband connection lately? Despite having 4 MB broadband, my connection has been crawling along. I've also been unable to access many websites. Pages either failed to load fully, or I got 'page not found' type error messages.

Guess what? I've fixed it. Yay! If you're a former NTL customer, and your broadband's acting up, go into your browser's tools, and enter the following proxy server address:

webcache.virginmedia.com

Set the port number to 8080, and you should be fine. But remember - this only works for ex-NTL and ex-Blue Yonder customers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Godzilla work any better for your changes ? I have to think before using that name because Methusela seemed more apt.

Dragonstar said...

Clever Siani!

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341