Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, January 26, 2007

Worried sick


I've been doing a bit of research online about Acer, and their repair company, Esplex. It seems my laptop is in severe danger of being lost, damaged, deliberately sabotaged by malicious technicians, not repaired, or retained by Esplex for several months. I've seen these allegations on several IT-related forums. So it leaves me with a dilemma. I'm tempted just to put up with the cracks. Then again, it's a virtually new laptop, it's still under warranty, so why the hell should I? There's also the likelihood that the cracks will worsen, and eventually lead to problems closing the laptop. Worse yet, it's possible the whole screen could snap off.

I will NEVER buy anything by Acer ever again. I hope to undergo some IT training soon, which will help me get back into work, on a decent wage. So as soon as I can afford it, I'm replacing this Acer piece of junk with a Sony Vaio, or maybe even abandoning Windows altogether, in favour of an Apple Powerbook or similar. It's such a shame, the laptop runs nicely, but it's housed in cheap plastic, held together with powerful metal bolts. Even with my limited knowledge of physics, I can see that's a recipe for disaster. Here's the damage, if anyone's interested.




No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341