Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Laptop woes again


Woke up this morning, went to turn the laptop on to check my email, and to my horror, discovered two big cracks around the screen hinges. The thing's only six months old, and is a replacement for the original, which suffered a major keyboard malfunction less than three weeks after purchase. I don't think I mistreat it. In fact, I know I don't. Apart from one wrecked key due to a mishap with a glass of Martini at Christmas, I've taken good care of it. I can't afford not to. Okay, it gets a bit dusty sometimes, and the screen often needs a clean, but it's always treated very gently. So I've come to the conclusion that Acer make cheap shite. Talk about you only gets what you pays for.

I was uncertain whether to opt for an Acer or an IBM-Lenovo - they were the only options I could afford. Looks like I chose the wrong option, doesn't it? Acer have agreed to repair it, but it could take up to ten days. I'm so not impressed. I've managed to get the old, clunky desktop to boot up, although it threw a couple of tantrums and shut itself down once or twice. Luckily, I have such a long length of cable on the cable modem, that it reaches the bedroom, and can be placed close enough to the PC to be attached by USB. The clunker doesn't have an Ethernet card, so I'll also have reduced speed on my broadband for 10 days. Ugh!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341