Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can't sleep, won't sleep

I can't get to sleep tonight. Every time I settle down, something disturbs me. I'm not quite sure what's up with the little pug next door, but he has yapped almost incessantly for hours. He settles for half an hour or so, then he's off again. He doesn't really disturb me, as he only has a little bark. But every time he starts, it sets Jake off, as he doesn't like the pug. Despite being a small dog, Jake has a loud bark, and strong watchdog tendencies, so just a single yap from the pug sets my little Shih Apso (aka Sh*tty Asbo) off growling like a Rottweiler, as well as barking.

As a result of my sleeplessness, I've ended up buying stuff on eBay. Four balls of brightly coloured sock yarn, to be precise. Don't ask me why. I've only ever knitted one sock, and can't seem to knit the second one of the pair, for some reason. Well, I do know why. Ever since that lousy little mugger waved his knife at me, my concentration has been akin to that of a goldfish.

I'm going to try and go back to bed soon. That said, I now have Jake whining at me, because I took his toy away. Sorry mate, too late for fun and games. Uh oh - he's just found another squeaky toy. Ugh.

1 comment:

Dragonstar said...

Sheer Purgatory!

Oh poor Jake - you're up and about and don't want to play with him? How can you be so cruel?

Hope you got some sleep after all.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341