Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Good news, gripes and groceries

I feel like I've been awake for hours, and it's not even 10 AM yet. I must have misread the time on my clock when I woke up. I thought it said 08.15, but it must have been 07.15. I can't make breakfast as I'm out of everything, and I'm waiting for ASDA to deliver my groceries. I'll search the freezer in a few minutes time, in the vain hope that there may be some bread hiding in there.

With my moans out of the way, I'm very happy to report that my cousin, Wayne, is coming to live in Swansea in a week or two. He works for a major retailer, and has secured a transfer to their Swansea store. He doesn't have any accommodation sorted out yet, so he'll be staying with me for a while. My only concern is that he'll be arriving with a hamster. I don't like them. In fact, I find most rodents grossly repulsive. I'm also scared that the hamster will get eaten alive, probably by Leo, but possibly by Jake or Liberty, too. I might suggest that Wayne gives the hamster to his little nephew. Oh well, if I can get over my dog phobia, I guess I can cope with a hamster in the house, just as long as I don't have to touch it or have anything to do with it.

BTW, just popped to the kitchen to investigate the contents of the freezer. I found a few slices of granary bread. I also have some peanut butter. That's breakfast sorted. Back later...

1 comment:

Dragonstar said...

I quite like rodents - as long as they're not the wild variety - but I wouldn't expect them to mix well with cats/dogs. Wayne's hamster had better be careful...

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341