Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I loves Ibuprofen, I does...

I bought four packs of ibuprofen caplets yesterday, which is no mean feat. Due to UK laws regarding sale of over-the-counter painkillers, we can only buy two packs of 16 at any one time. So I grabbed some at two separate stores. In desperation, I also picked up a tube of Morrisons' own brand ibuprofen gel. Didn't expect it to do anything - but it did! Yay.

I've been moving so much better today, and managed three good walks with Alfie. I took him to Cwmdonkin Park for the first time, this morning. When I first got him, he was so wobbly, I didn't think he could make it there, yet alone back as well. But he absolutely enjoyed himself. He's in his bed now, tired out. Hope he doesn't expect any more walks today, as it's not happening.

Alfie really surprised me today, by climbing every single step in my back garden - about 20 altogether. And when I say he climbed them, I mean he almost ran up them. He couldn't do one step when I first brought him home. I've been worried about pushing him too hard, but he seems to be getting stronger with all the extra walking. Wish I could say the same about me! I may not be getting stronger, but I'm definitely shrinking, though. So I can't complain!

2 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Ibuprofen is brilliant! How often are you allowed to buy them over the counter? I'm so glad you're better, and you're obviously being very good for Alfie. He must be in seventh Heaven!

jams o donnell said...

Glad ibuprofen works. Being asthmatic it's not something I can take sadly

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341