Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fancy a slice of the moon?

I just looked out through my window, and it's almost - but not quite - a full moon. What is it about Earth's natural satellite, that has enchanted mankind since earliest recorded times? I love to see the patterns formed by the moon's geological features. As a small child, I gazed at the moon for hours, through my parents' binoculars, hoping to see signs of the people I was convinced lived there.

If I was a child today, I'd be demanding that my parents bought me a chunk of moon property as a birthday or Christmas present. In fact, I'm seriously contemplating buying a piece for myself. Okay, I know I can't go there and build a house or pitch a tent, but it sounds a pretty cool thing to do. I could have fun telling people I owned a piece of the moon! Also, Lunar International, the world's premier vendor of lunar real estate, donates a portion of every sale to various organizations which promote space exploration and space tourism.

So if you're looking for a fun, novel gift for a loved one, and would like to support space exploration at the same time, why not pay Lunar International a visit, and purchase your own slice of moon? If you do, don't forget to tell me if it really is made of green cheese!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is SOOO COOOOOOL. My wife's birthday is coming up, and I'm going to buy that lover's package advertised on the www.lunarinternational.com home page. That's a very romantic gift. She's gonna love it. Thanks for the awesome tip!

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341