Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Monday, May 26, 2008

Phoenix Lander touches down on Mars

Yay! NASA's Phoenix Lander has successfully touched down on Mars. And I was there, with my camera, to capture the moment. Look:


Okay, so I lied about the last bit. I stole the above image from the NASA website. And not even NASA was there to take the pic - it's a simulation of the landing. I hope the craft continues to function as intended. So many previous Mars missions have ended in disaster, thanks to probes dying either at, or shortly after touchdown.

I wonder what it will find? Is the Face on Mars really a face? Or just a blob of rock?


NASA says the face is just a Martian butte. Note that was 'butte' not 'butt', just in case anyone thinks NASA has declared there is life on Mars, and that Martians have butts. I wonder if they will find any evidence of current or past life on Mars? If they do, it's more likely to be microbial, rather than a Martian Bigfoot.


Anyway, you can read more about the Mars Lander here, or on the official blog.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341