Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Major laptop problems

Well, it looks like my laptop has major problems. I don't know if it's the power cable, or the little connector that the power cable plugs into. If it's just the cable, that's no big deal. I can easily get a new one. However, if it's the actual connection on the laptop itself, it could mean the end of my laptop. I suspect the connector is on the motherboard. Unless I can find someone who can fix it, it will mean a whole new motherboard. I may as well get a new laptop, in that case, which I can ill afford to do right now.

The only way I can persuade my laptop to run on mains power at the moment, is by pushing the power cord in with my finger. Obviously, this makes things very difficult, because my network cards won't work on battery power - which means if I want to remain online, I have to keep pressing the damn cord in all the time. I've had to write this post offline, in Windows Live Writer, and then push the cord in so I can get back online again to post it. Ugh. So if I vanish - you'll all know why.

UPDATE: the stupid thing is behaving itself at the moment - as long as I stay as still as possible. Oh, and I grabbed a screwdriver and poked the poky-out thing that my laptop cable connects to. It seems to have helped a little.



1 comment:

Tiffany Aller said...

I actually had that EXACT problem last summer. And, unfortunately, for me it was cheaper to get a new laptop than get the old one fixed. But I made it though TWO MONTHS of holding the dang cord in. ARGH. So I definitely sympathize.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341