Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 9



Thirteen Bizarre Phobias


I guess most of us have some kind of phobia or other. Sometimes, the phobias are mild, other times, they can seriously interfere with a person's life. Here are a few of the most peculiar phobias.


1.... Arachibutyrophobia - people suffering from this, fear peanut butter sticking to the roof of their mouth. Don't we all?

2.... Defecaloesiophobia - this is a fear of painful bowel movements. I'll resist the urge to say anyone suffering from this is just full of sh*t, as that would be such a feeble pun.

3.... Ephebiphobia - the fear of teenagers. I suffer from this. I think every resident of my neighbourhood aged 25 and over, has this phobia.

4.... Geniophobia - the fear of chins. It's a good job this phobia doesn't affect Jimmy Hill or Bruce Forsyth.

5.... Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - fear of the number 666. No, I don't know how you pronounce that!

6.... Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - the fear of long words. Looking at that word - I think I may develop that phobia soon.

7.... Pentheraphobia - the fear of one's mother-in-law. I should imagine this is a very common one.

8.... Proctophobia - fear of rectums. Exactly how does one develop this? I mean, it's not like most people have everyday encounters with rectums, is it?

9.... Peladophobia - fear of bald people. Alien abductees, LOL?

10... Ithyphallophobia - fear of seeing, thinking about, or having an erect penis. Hmm. If I insert a 'c' between the 't' and first 'h', it would become itchyphallophobia, which could even be a whole new phobia. I'll let you work out what it would be a phobia of...

11... Alektorophobia - fear of chickens. Too damn right! Chickens are scary. Those beady little eyes are very creepy!

12... Bogyphobia - fear of bogeys or the bogeyman. He's behind you!

13... Consecotaleophobia - fear of chopsticks. The kind you get at a Chinese restaurant, or the piano-playing exercise? I dunno!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

16 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

God forgive me, but I have a hard time spotting the difference between six and seven on this list, which is a laugh and a half and makes me feel relieved I won't be facing any spelling bees anytime soon!

jenn said...

Those are hysterical! Who fears rectums?

Happy tt!

Tiffany Aller said...

GREAT list - I'm laughing my butt off. Love it!! Have a great week!

maryt/theteach said...

Very funny siani...I had to check a couple of them, it was hard to believe they were real...

Thanks for visiting me!

amanda rae said...

this may be the funniest tt i've ever read! haha!

happy tt!

-a

Daisy said...

Those are funny! I guess they have a name for everything. Myself, I think I have the p-nut butter fear, too. Because when I get to lick a little p-nut butter, it takes a squillion licks to get it all off.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Thursdatriksadecalistaphobia - Fear of Thursday Thirteen Lists!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm not too fond of chickens! Happy TT to you...

Anonymous said...

Hi! Very informative post. My friend's son is suffering from #2.

Thanks for the visit!

Nicole Austin said...

LOL! Great list! I definitely have #3. :D

Gattina said...

Hahaha, how did you find that, it's great ! I suffer very much of Arachibutyrophobia the peanut butter. !

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are some very strange phobias!

Julia said...

hihihih, I especially like #3, which has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a teacher dealing with kids between 10 and 17, noooo, of course not!
But Triskaidekaphobia really is "Thirteen"-phobia!

Happy TT!
Greets Julia

Dragonstar said...

What a bunch of weird words - not to mention the attached phobias!

Shan said...

Oh, funny. I always thoughtthat it was odd that the word for "fear of long words" was a long word itself--why is that?

Baldwins Girl said...

Number 8 almost had me blowing oatmeal out my nose I laughed so hard!

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341