Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, September 21, 2007

Sick of memes?

Are you fed up of my memes? I've gained a huge amount of new visitors through them, but many of my local regulars have gone AWOL. Is this just coincidence?

Essentially, I took the decision to alter the direction of this blog a couple of weeks ago. First of all, bar the occasional publishable comment, I grew tired of blogging to the ether. I also decided to depersonalize my blog. I was receiving and rejecting far too many overly-personal comments, from individuals who behaved in a very intrusive manner. Just because I gave them a tiny snapshot of certain aspects of my life, they thought they knew me. I do not live in isolation, in some kind of bubble, as one reader in particular suggested. Out of respect for the privacy of family and friends, they don't get featured here. Neither does much of what goes on in my life. Uncomfortable with being scrutinised and criticised by people who have never even met me, the personal stuff that appears here in future, will be very scant.

I also want to expand the scope of my readership. As much as I love Swansea and Gower, there is a wider world, and it's this wider world I wish to connect with. Swansea and Gower are a part of this world, but sadly, I find many local people to be apathetic, unsupportive and unappreciative of Swansea blogs and websites, and too quick to pour scorn on the efforts of others. Obviously, I'll still feature my Gower pics and trips here. But they're not as frequent as they were, and if I relied on them for blog content, I would only be updating once a month at the most.

Some of the new content is generating a lot of hits, in particular Weird Wednesday and Scary Saturday. I intend keeping those features. That Friday Feline is staying too. Music Monday is hanging on by a thread at the moment, but Tacky Tuesday and Thursday Threesomes are off the menu for good.

Anyway, if you don't want to leave a comment, please let me know how you feel about the memes featured here, by voting in the quick poll below. Thanks for visiting. Hope to see you again soon.

Are you sick of my memes?
Yes
No
Don't know
Don't care
  
pollcode.com free polls

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341