Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, September 07, 2007

Blogger beware (of MillionRSS!

There are numerous sites where bloggers can promote their blogs and feeds. Some sites are invaluable. But some are just that little bit devious. I was about to sign up to MillionRSS, a feed promotion service. Fortunately, I checked their terms and conditions before hitting the submit button. Here's a screenshot of what I got (click to enlarge).



Look how it's phrased - "or otherwise". That could, conceivably, encompass all materials submitted in my RSS feed - in other words, all my blog posts. There is NO way I'm potentially assigning copyright of my material to them. Just be careful what you sign up to online. Any site that asks you to assign your copyright in any way whatsoever, is bad news. Avoid it.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341