Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Monday, December 11, 2006

Electric shock


Had an electric shock around 07.30 today. I went to flip a switch in the kitchen, and the next thing I knew, I was hit by a horrendous pain in my right hand, and thought my heart was going to pop. Had a hell of a job to yank my hand away from the switch, too, which I flipped off again with a wooden rolling pin. Even a couple of hours later, the fingers of that hand are hot, sore and tingly. I think I may have either had wet hands, or sloshed too much water around the socket when I was wiping the tiles down. Either way, I have an electrician coming to check the switch out tomorrow afternoon. To add insult to injury, when I got back to the living room, my laptop was belting out Dead or Alive, with old Ma Burns singing 'my heart goes bang, bang, bang, bang. Get me to a doctor'. My heart certainly went bang in the kitchen. I suppose it could have been worse. At least it wasn't "Danger! High Voltage!" by Electric Six that greeted me.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341