Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Credit where it's due


Whenever I mention the City and County of Swansea here, it's usually because the council has done something to earn my wrath. But they've actually won my approval for a change. I recently signed up to their new email subscription service. Most of the news I get from them is boring stuff about day centres and refuse collection. But today, they announced the arrival of a free internet kiosk on Oxford Street, with plans for more to come, if the pilot project is successful. You can see the full story here.

This is the kind of thing the council ought to invest in. It's far more useful than bendy buses and concrete balls. It provides both the local community and visitors with a valuable resource. So kudos where it's due. Make the most of it, though, dear council, because I'll probably return to haranguing you like I usually do, the next time I mention you.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341