Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, June 22, 2006

My pet hate of the day ...


...week, month,year, decade, century, millennium, etc, is LOL. I can tolerate the occasional LOL on instant messaging. But I have utterly had a gutsful of being excessively LOLed at in emails and on online forums and message boards. The next person who does it to me will be told to LOL off in no uncertain terms. And as for anyone who tells me they're ROFLMAO, they'll be ROFIMA by the time I've finished with them!

ROFIMA: Siani-speak for "rolling on the floor in mortal agony".

All excessive LOLers, beware - Sianikatt is on your case. Any comments I receive containing more than one LOL will be rejected and the composer's name placed on my ROFIMA list!

Yeah, I'm bored ....

4 comments:

J said...

Bored? With the World Cup on telly?! How could you be!? LOL... (Oh dear, what have I said?!...)
Or you could pop along to St. Helen`s, where Glamorgan are `entertaining` Surrey. Cricket: now that`s exciting!

Siani said...

I can hardly contain myself, I'm so excited. Neither can my jeans after all the chocolate I've consumed out of boredom recently. Football is one of life's great evils. I really object to mindless morons getting paid millions to kick a ball around and strut around with their overly-pampered, overly-manicured, half-starved, siliconed and collagened half to death, bitchy, scowling womenfolk. Ugh.

As for cricket - what's that all about? It makes no sense whatsoever, except to men dressed in white! And Wimbledon's around the corner, too, with it's grunts and tantrums. Get the feeling I'm not a sports fan? What ever happened to decent TV? Someone save me, but no LOLing ...

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to say that i am a repeat offender of the over use of the word LOL. I tend to use it to fill a gap in the conversation OOPS. World Cup football is keeping me well entertained. Come on the socceroos is what i say ! Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie oy oy oy

Siani said...

World Cup? You Americans should consider yourselves VERY lucky! It's a major international football [soccer] tournament that gets held once every few years - every four, I think. It's on for 3-4 weeks and because the TV networks insist on showing every damn game, even when it involves obscure foreign countires no-one's ever heard of, terrestrial TV is utterly taken over by football. All the regular TV schedules are utterly thrown out, and because no-one knows when their favourite shows are on - that's if they're on at all - people tend to miss them. My TV's barely been on since it started.

Don't worry about the occasional LOL! I talked to someone on AIM the other night and he managed about eight LOLs per sentence. Told him to LOL off in the end as it was doing my nut in.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341