Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm still around

Sorry I've not posted much, or visited, over the last few days. The weekend was quite busy, taken up mainly with DIY stuff, and other such tedious, but necessary things. I'm feeling pretty drained at the moment, too, as my dear friend, the b*st*rd I refer to as Ol' Arthur Itis, has decided to kick in pretty forcefully. Never mind, life could be worse.

On Sunday evening, as it was getting dark, we headed towards Mumbles, and took Jake the dog for a walk along the coast path at Limeslade. I spent a little while watching bats flitting around the cliff tops. No idea what kind of bats they were, though. For some reason, Wayne couldn't seem to see them.

We then climbed up to the steep part of the path, just before the drop down to Langland, and sat for a while, looking out at the headlands. The sun had set a while before, but there was still a reddish glow on the western horizon. We decided not to walk on to Langland, as it would have been too dark to walk back. So we headed back to the car, which we'd parked just past Forté's. As I've always been restricted to public transport, I've never really had the chance to visit Gower at dusk. I was surprised to see how many other people were still walking the cliffs at that time. I hope it will be the first of many such semi-nocturnal visits. Jake certainly enjoyed himself

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341