Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fury, and blog inertia

Apologies for the lack of posts/visits lately. I've not really been in much of a mind for blogging. It happens sometimes, especially when the weather's been nice. We've had so little in the way of decent weather over the last year or so, that the instant there's a decent spell, it seems crazy to waste it, sitting in front of a computer screen.

Normally, I'm pretty laid back. But yesterday, I was furious. Why? Well, I took little Jake for a walk to St. James' Gardens, near the Uplands area of the city. There was no-one else in the park, apart from a couple sitting on a bench, eating. I let Jake off the lead to run around. As I was at the lower end of the park, cleaning up and disposing of his poop, he ran back up to where the couple were sitting. Before I had any chance to intervene, the stupid b*st*rds gave him some chicken bones. By the time I dragged my arthritic carcass up the hill, and managed to catch him, he'd eaten them, bar a few fragments I managed to fish out of his growling little gob.

Three hours later, as I was taking a nap on the couch, Jake puked up all over one of my fluffy rugs. Although he seems OK now, I've been worried about him for the last twenty four hours. What manner of moron feeds chicken bones to a dog? And what type of ignoramus feeds anything to a dog without asking the owner's permission first? How I didn't swing for them, I really don't know.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Dragonstar said...

Some people!
Fortunately dogs stomachs seem to be pretty hardy - one of ours once scared us silly by throwing up half a flattened football! He was fine.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341