Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Monday, March 02, 2009

Knitting: not just for nannas!

I've found something pretty to make from the 100% bamboo yarn I bought in a BOGOF sale, last week. It's here - look. Just roll over the image to see a bigger version. Although the shaping is a little bit more intricate than I would normally attempt, the actual stitches are very simple - alternating rows of garter and stocking stitch, topped off with straight garter stitch. Piece of pie! Of course, it won't look like that on me because I'm probably old enough to be that young model's mum - plus I'm considerably more rotund than she is. If I make a simple shrug, in a similar pattern, to top it off, it should look quite pretty for spring, summer, and maybe even early autumn. Thank heavens the days of mumsy, frumpy knitting patterns are long gone.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, that is pretty!

Dragonstar said...

I looks very pretty, and comfortable, too. Can't imagine it on me though - or maybe I can... Don't think it would suit my 8-month-pregnant-size abdomen, but very little does!

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341