Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, December 05, 2008

Cozy bedtime memories

It's that dreaded time of year again. Every morning when I wake up, I simply don't want to get out of my bed. Why? Because it's just so cold. I also find myself retiring much earlier than I normally would, just to warm up in the evenings. But that can have its advantages.

One of my favourite things is heading to bed early, with my laptop or a good book. Eight years ago this month, I adopted my cat, Leo. He was a feral kitten, and not very used to human contact. I curled up in bed after a late night shift at the call centre I worked at, and started to read a crime novel - relaxing bedtime reading!. Suddenly, I felt something small landing on the bed. It was Leo. He had spent most of his time hiding from me and spitting defensively, during that first week. He launched himself at me, a paw either side of my face, bit me gently on the chin, then burrowed under the duvet, purring and nuzzling against me. I was amazed, as I had almost given up on being able to tame him. He made himself at home on my shoulder, purring loudly enough to shake the house. That really was a special moment, Leo's acceptance of his new-found domestic status.

I don't allow pets in the bedroom these days - I get very sneezy when I'm in bed, and I think it may be something to do with dust mites. No matter how clean your bedding is, it can trigger off allergies. So, I'm thinking about getting some anti-allergy bedding. I really like the idea of getting a Spundown Duvet, which is part of the Pure Living Collection.

Spundown_duvet_packaging_

The range is not just anti-allergy, it combines functionality with sheer luxury. Those words are often mutually exclusive, but not when it comes to the Pure Living Collection. I'm sure Leo would have purred even louder that first time he cuddled up to me, if we'd had a Spundown Duvet. Heck, I think I would have purred too!

Post?slot_id=27885&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341