Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Friday, November 21, 2008

Evil burglars!

I was horrified to read that poor Lady Banana's home was ransacked by burglars a few days ago. Sadly, it's that time of year again, when burglaries increase dramatically. Scummy thieves ransack homes looking for expensive Christmas gifts at this time of year. It made me realise that I hadn't updated my Immobilise.com account for a while. It still had details of my old, broken laptop on it. I've now updated my account with my current laptop's details.

It's well worth registering with Immobilise. It's free, and you can upload details of all your valuable electronic equipment, including serial numbers, photos, proofs of purchase, etc. The details of all items stored in the Immobilise database, are available to the police via the police national property database (NPMR). When the police recover stolen items, they run the item's serial number, etc, through the database. If that item is yours, and it's registered with Immobilise, you'll get it back. The Immobilise database is also used by a huge selection of other organisations, e.g. London Transport's lost property office, to try to reunite owners and their lost items.

I'm so damn sick of thieving scumbags and other loutish little twerps making life miserable for decent people. I got a load of hassle walking Alfie last night. I walked past a gang of youths who insulted my dog and to add further insult to injury, one of them sexually propositioned me in a very lewd and crude manner. If he had been handsome, clean, polite and charming, I would have been flattered at the attention of a man probably only half my age. But the vile, foul-mouthed, crude little sod had greasy hair, spots, dirty, unbrushed teeth, smelt of rotten veg, as well as the charm and manners of Godzilla-meets-Sasquatch. In fact, Godzilla probably did meet a Mrs. Sasquatch the night that lout was conceived. Grr.

Anyway, consider uploading your property's details to Immobilise. We need every weapon we can muster against scumbags! Lady B, I hope everything returns to normal soon, and that you can start looking forward to Christmas.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341