Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rotten, poxy weather

Okay, I know it seems stereotypically British to whinge about the weather, but that's just what I'm going to do. Anyway, why do you think we Brits moan so much about our weather? Because it's always p***ing down, that's why! It's done nothing but rain for most of the summer. We had a couple of nice, sunny days, before it all ended in two days of sporadic thunder storms, and several more days of relentless rain. The weeds in my garden may be happy, but I've had a gutsful. To make matters even worse, I have to spend a lot of time getting from A to B tomorrow via public transport and Shanks' pony (i.e. on foot) - and a little while ago, some dear soul stole my waterproof raincoat from my washing line. Grr! So I'm not happy.

Anyway, here's something a bit more cheerful. I took this shot of a jolly-looking little robin a few weeks ago. He's a European Robin, so he won't be familiar to North American visitors. It may not be the best pic in the world - but it's one of the best I've ever managed of a wild bird.


Oh well, at least I live too high up a hill to worry about flooding. Here's some appropriate music, courtesy of Travis. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dragonstar said...

That's a lovely robin photo Siani!

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341