Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Polling day

I've just realized - it's the local government elections today. I'll probably pop out and vote later. Not sure who for yet - but definitely not the stinky Conservative Party. I voted Lib-Dem for the first time ever in the last local government elections. But I only did that because I was annoyed with the previous Labour administration because they let the local leisure centre go to wrack and ruin, and because they granted permission for that monstrosity, Meridian Quays, to be built on the seafront. So I might vote Labour again. Or maybe Green Party. To be honest, I'm so peed off with the whole lot of them, I'd vote Monster Raving Loony Party if they had a candidate. Part of me is thinking, why bother voting at all. Then I get all political and feminist and think, those poor Suffragettes gave up their freedom, and in some cases, their lives, just to secure us girlies the right to vote. So vote I shall!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341