Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Saturday, February 23, 2008

PhotoHunt: Wooden



Oh no! I almost forgot to do this week's . Silly me. Okay, without further ado, let's get into it.

This first image shows the blossom of a blackthorn tree, which I came across during a walk, last spring.


I've no idea what kind of tree this is, but I snapped it because I liked the look of the yellow lichen on the bare branches. It was taken during the same walk as the above shot.


Also, during that walk, I saw this couple sitting on a wooden bench, overlooking Three Cliffs Bay, on the Gower Peninsula, a few miles from where I live.


On a different walk, about four or five years ago, I came across the wooden remains of a shipwreck, poking out of the sand on Rhossili Beach. This place is also on the Gower Peninsula.


Finally, here's a shot I took last year, of my overgrown, semi-wild garden. It has a wooden fence all along one side, forming the border between my garden and my neighbour's. If you look beyond my fence, you'll see my neighbour's wooden shed. Just behind his shed, you'll see his wooden sticks, which he used to support a small crop of runner beans.


Anyway, that's my PhotoHunt for this week. Better late than never, I guess. Have a lovely weekend!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The remains of the Helvetia must be to most photographed wood in Gower yet as far as I can remember, I never have ! That alone is a memorable take on Wooden.
A.

Flo said...

What lovely pictures!!! I love when people take pictures of where they live for the rest of the world to see :) Beautiful. I absolutely love your garden. It may be overgrown but it is beautiful.

My entry (not near as exciting) is up over at Flo's Place

Lilli & Nevada said...

Wow those are some really great photos.

**"Liza"** said...

you have a lot of neat collection of photo here.I love the first photos with flowers..Very nice entry for this week hunt.Have a wonderful weekend.;)

My so called life
Life's Impression

mjsterling said...

what a beautiful scenery...great shot!
Wooden Staircase
Wooden Doorway

mjsterling said...

Beautiful scenery, great sho!
happy weekend!
Wooden Staircase
Wooden Doorway

maryt/theteach said...

Siani, great photos! Love your photos of the Welsh countryside and shore. Thanks for telling us how to pronounce your name. Needless to say I was pronouncing it wrong - I won't tell you how I was saying it. :(

Happy PH! :D

Anonymous said...

I love your wooden photos; especially the ship wreck. that must've been totally fascinating!

Misty DawnS said...

I love them all, but the first and fourth photos are my faves. Don't feel bad about almost missing your post this week - I did mine on Misty's Words this morning, but it seems that no one can see my photos. I checked it on both of my computers and my best friend checked and we could see the pictures, but every comment I received said there were no pictures. I tried deleting the post and redoing it. Now, I give up hehe. I'm tired.
I love your photos - thank you for sharing them.... I can't wait to see flowers and buds opening up again.

Anonymous said...

As always, you have a collection of beautiful shots. Happy weekend (=

SnoopyTheGoon said...

All shots are beautiful, Siani - as usual on your place, should I mention?

Best.

Dragonstar said...

Oh, that blackthorn is beautiful! And I think your garden is lovely - a haven of peace.

jmb said...

Lovely collection of photos for wood Siani. Better late than never and here am I late with my visit.

Katney said...

Your collection for the wooden theme is quite varied. I don't know which to comment on, but I leike all thepictures. I will say that I wish my garden looked as good.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341