Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Monday, February 18, 2008

Manic Monday

It's time for Manic Monday again, hosted by Lisa. Our host has come up with yet another interesting trio of questions.

What do you order when you eat Chinese food?

I haven't eaten Chinese food from a takeaway or restaurant in many years. It tends to be overpriced here in the UK, and my local takeaway went seriously downhill when it was taken over by new owners. But if I cook it at home, I usually have something like a Chinese chicken curry, or a sweet and sour dish.

How much have you controlled the course your life has taken?

Not a lot. The course my life has taken in recent years, has been heavily influenced by ill health, which I have no control over.

Whose opinion do you value when deciding how to vote?

I don't rely on other people's opinions when it comes to voting. Voting tends to be very different in the UK to the US, anyway. For instance, the UK is divided into more than 650 different constituencies, and at a General Election, we vote for individual local candidates to become MPs and represent us in Parliament. When the voting is over, the person who becomes Prime Minister, is the leader of the political party which has the highest number of newly elected MPs in Parliament. Most people show allegiance to one party or another, which rarely changes over their lifetime. I tend to rely on my own judgement when it comes to politics. I think all politicians stink. It's just a case of deciding who stinks less, at election time.

6 comments:

Juliana RW said...

once a month we eat chinese food. In here, they are expensive :D

I just join MM today, Will U visit My Manic Monday #1
Thanks

Barb said...

Although going out to eat has it's upside (not having to wash the dishes would be a big one) nothing beats cooking things yourself.

Andrea said...

We eat out more since it is just my husband and me. When our girls lived at home it was expensive to go out to feed four people. I am picky as to where we eat though because you do not know who is doing what to the food. But knowing I don't have to clean up the kitchen is worth going out to eat.

Kwizgiver said...

I like how you explain voting in the UK...

;-)

Unknown said...

I agree with 2.

Mine can be found ::here::

CHIKAI ♥ said...

i totally agree with you... people always go for politicians who stinks less but nonetheless they still stink. lol!

mine's up here.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341