Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Thursday, December 27, 2007

RIP Benazir

I was very sad to hear about the despicable and cowardly assassination of Benazir Bhutto today. She was a woman for whom I have always had a great deal of respect. Her bravery was quite remarkable. She knew her life was in constant danger, yet she continued to fight for what she believed in - bringing democracy to the country she loved. The UK may be far from perfect, but we don't know how lucky we are to live in such a stable country, in comparison with the turmoil that other nations are in. RIP Benazir, I hope there are others just as brave, who will continue your fight, and successfully eradicate the fanatics.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Heard from the news a while ago and was surprised. I really admire her courage and felt sad with the news.

Off topic: Siani I have tagged you, hope you're up to it. See yah.

Gellianne said...

Hi! I am thinking to write about it also. I am also saddened about it. I was able to see the footage a while ago.Sighs:-(

maryt/theteach said...

Good people are assassinated when they threaten bad people. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Siani. She'a a great loss.

TR Ryan said...

Agreed! A tragic end to a remarkable woman.

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341