Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Saturday, September 29, 2007

PhotoHunt: Original

I've been wracking my brain over what to post for this week's. I was getting so desperate, I even thought of nipping over to the corner shop and asking them if I could take a pic of a jar of Nescafe Original coffee. Then I remembered good old Original Sin.

Don't worry, there's no sermon on the way. See the big golden-barrel cactus in this pic?



Well, it attacked me one day, and embedded several big, thick, vicious spines in my hand. I had my elderly mum visiting at the time, so I had to repress all the expletives I would have normally uttered in such circumstances. Instead, I growled these words at the evil cactus: "damn you, you stinking lump of original sin". Since then, my mum has often asked me how Original Sin is, so the name has stuck - although I prefer to use the alternative spelling of 'Orrid-ginal Sin.

There's one more item deserving the original tag in this pic. See the cushion my cat is lying on? I designed and made that for her, so it's an original, exclusive kitty cushion.

15 comments:

Carver said...

That is too funny. Sorry you were hurt but a cactus named Original Sin is well, original. Also like the kitty pillow.

jams o donnell said...

That is one evil looking cactus Siani! Libertyy is of course most definitely not evil looking! Nice post

PowersTwinB said...

I've been attacked by a cactus before...and you are so right, those bad words have a way of coming out of your mouth! They didnt for me either, I was with friends! lol..Thats a lovely cushion your pretty kitty is on! My photos are up, please come and visit

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! Mine is up too. Hope you can visit me. Have a great week.

Patricia said...

That is cute story. The colors in the photo are quite lovely, as is the cushion you designed for your kitty.

Thanks for visiting Pollywog Creek this morning. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

what a cute story! The cat is so adorable. Have a great weekend.

CRIZ LAI said...

Ouch.. that sure hurt a lot. Has your cat ever stalk one before? Mine did. It's so hard to get the thorns out from such a thick fur and I got poked many times. Nice sharing this week. See ya again :)

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for your visit!! You have a beautiful Kitty Cat!! So is the cushion for the kitty! and the cactus, they can be mean!!

Katney said...

Terrific story, well told and very original.

Liz Hinds said...

I prefer the cushion to that nasty stinky cactus1

Anonymous said...

LOL - great post for this week.

Paulie said...

Now that's an original tale o woe if I ever read one! Ü I love the kitty cushion you made also. Great entries.

Thanks for visiting mine.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Who cares about da cat-tus....who' da good lookin' kitty?! Hellooooo kitty!

changeiam said...

That's so funny having your mum ask how original sin is doing :D Here's my original

Anonymous said...

The cushion is lovely and so is your cat. Sorry about the prickly cactus. sara from farmingfriends

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341