Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Caswell Bay house mystery deepens

In a recent post, I mentioned coming across this ruined house on the Caswell to Bishopston Road, near the beginning of the footpath to Brandy Cove.



Well, the plot thickens. I decided to go exploring on Google Earth, just to see if it had any slightly older images of the house. It looked to me as if its demise had been sudden and recent, as the remains were by no means those of an ancient building. Imagine my surprise when I discovered what looked, from this image at least, to be a fairly intact house, with a roof, all its walls, and no sign of a construction site around it.


Image courtesy of Google Earth ©


Was there a fire? Or did someone just decide to knock it down and start again? If anyone knows the answer, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341