Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Copper chopper

I'm so sick of hearing the police helicopter overhead. It's been almost non-stop every night from Friday to Sunday. Just as I thought everything had settled down again, on Monday afternoon it arrived and parked itself so low over my neighbourhood, my floors and windows were vibrating. I know they have a job to do, but why the heck can't they invest in a quieter machine? And why must they chuck it around in such an alarming manner? Scaring scumbag criminals is one thing, but it scares everyone when they start doing their aggressive manoeuvres, making sudden sideways rolls or rapid descents.







To give you an idea of how loud this thing gets, here are a few video clips I took of it:



Loud, isn't it? I was very relieved when it suddenly headed off in a northerly direction, thinking I'd seen the back of it.



No such luck. It had simply flown off to execute a manouevre. Moments later, it came back over the trees and houses, and stayed there for another 10-15 minutes.



Even after departing, it returned periodically over the next two to three hours, ruining my plans for an afternoon nap. Stupid criminals. It's amazing how their behaviour can impact people's lives, even when those people aren't directly affected by their crimes.

Sorry about the length of the last clip. My camera only shoots video in .MOV format, and I don't have any software that can edit .MOV files.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341