Visit Siani's Other Blogs

Visit Gower Strange Days

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Swansea bay's very own Sunset Boulevard

Not quite, but here's the sunset I witnessed from my living room window this evening.





I've tinkered with them a little in PhotoShop, for the simple reason that I've yet to work out how to use all the settings on my camera. As a result, I often end up with shots that don't represent the colours of the original scene. So I use PhotoShop to try to recapture what my eyes saw.

In this next pic, looking west towards Clyne Common and Mumbles, I half-expected a big, scary mother ship to emerge from that cloud. Sadly, the only alien life form I spotted was a small boy riding his bike on the street below, whilst yelling up abuse at me. Vile brat.



Sadly, as pretty as they look, I think these clouds herald the return of wet weather.





Whenever I see a sky like this, I tend to think of the paintings of William Blake, and half-expect to see a God-like hand reaching out of the clouds. Except I don't believe in God, so there's a contradiction and a half for you.





Oh well, if it does piddle down again tomorrow, at least the rain clouds rewarded us with their sun-kissed beauty beforehand. Not that it totally makes up for them peeing all over us, of course. But it goes some way towards sweetening the blow.



I'm now off to pray for more sun - even though I don't believe in God!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=80361ebb90d0aa68f7212d099b7ed341